Citymesh NV, European leader in installing private 4G/5G networks and WiFi-as-a-service, is seeking for a Junior datecenter Network engineer.
As a Datacenter Network Engineer at Citymesh you will be responsible for supporting, designing and implementing network architecture in the Citymesh backbone and virtual environment. You will work closely with senior network engineers, security experts and devops engineers.
You have a very good and solid understanding of the OSI model and how it helps troubleshooting. Routing protocols and network segmentation are standardized practices for you.
- Design & Architecture - Design new networks and how systems interact in a secure but efficient matter, making sure everything is redundant as much as possible.
- Installation & Configuration - Physical and software configuration, using network & software automation tools on a daily basis.
- Troubleshooting & Maintenance - Know where to look during troubleshooting, correct usage of the OSI model to do network debugging.
- Basic Security tasks - Work together with our security colleagues on ZTNA, RBAC, least privilege implementations.
- Performance Optimization - Retrospectively looking at current solutions and how they can be improved.
- Upgrades & Expansion - Be able to make a feasible timeline and migration plan when scaling is needed.
- Documentation - Use internal documentation & ipam tools to trigger monitoring and make your life easier in the future.
- Monitoring & Analysis - Know how to interpret statistics and how they help troubleshooting.
- Policy & Compliance - Follow set procedures on aforementioned items to prevent human intervention as much as possible.
- Capacity Planning - During design phase and performance optimization you have to keep in mind the capacity rundown of our network for the upcoming years.
- Vendor Management - Do debugging with vendors and use the provided tools to update licenses, patch management, …
- Training & Support - Sharing knowledge internally is one thing, there will also be trainings to adopt to our rapid changing network.
Must Haves Qualities & Talents:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken Dutch and/or English.
- Hands on experience with resilient networking using routing protocols.
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and how to use it during your daily task.
- Quick to take up and learn new concepts and technologies. Citymesh likes to be on the bleeding edge to deliver the most futureproof experience.
- Work together closely in your small but agile team. Thinking out of the box is a daily thing.
- Troubleshooting efficiently to minimise downtime and impact.
- Proficiency with network & Unix based command line interfaces.
- Types of networking hardware, their usecases and different types of interfaces on these devices.
- Know how to set firewall rules and the use of the different chains (i.e. input, forward,... )
What We Offer:
At Citymesh you will be part of an enthusiastic and ambitious team where we highly value your own input and believe in the growth of each of our employees. We offer you an extraordinary opportunity to work at an innovative employer, which operates as a challenger in the Belgian telecom market. Next to this, we also offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Full-time contract of indefinite duration
- Market-based remuneration supplemented with fringe benefits
- Company car with fuel card.
- Flexible schedule with the possibility of teleworking
- Extensive training budget
- Modern working environment
- Cordial team with nice colleagues in a family atmosphere
- Social extras : internal events, bbq's, drinks, and much more
Curious For More?
Do you feel addressed by our company and are you ready for a unique experience? Then don't hesitate and apply for this vacancy today